Sunday, September 4, 2011

Beer Barrel Pizza

I checked out the Beer Barrel in Lima, Ohio last night, with a good friend of mine Ashley. My meal started off with Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy which I probably ordered for the last time this year (insert sad face). We ordered their whole wheat pretzel sticks as an appetizer, they came with cheese dipping sauce and buttery cream cheese dip. They pretzels weren't the best we had ever had, but they were still good.

We ordered two pizza's (don't judge) mainly because I wanted to try two different crusts. The first was their Original Crust with pineapple, ham, and bacon. This pizza was delicious and I would rank it in my Top 5 of all time. I am not normally a huge fan of anything other than thin crust but their original was very good! The bottom was crispy, and the dough was soft after you broke through the crisp exterior. I think it might have been a corn meal bottom. The sauce was very good with a good balance of sweetness and tomato flavor. I really think our choice of pineapple, ham and bacon was a great combination! Then again, bacon makes everything better!

We also ordered their Thin and Crispy Pepperoni Parmesano. It was a simple pizza with the perfect amount of parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. The crust was what I look for in a thin crust, however it was shadowed by the Original Crust in my opinion.

The wait staff was friendly and the atmosphere was nice for what you would expect! There was a small wait when we arrived but went rather quickly. I will definitely be looking this place back up on my next visit. I had a great time, Thank You to Ashley for introducing me to the Beer Barrel!

http://www.beerbarrelpizza.com/menu.html

1 comment:

  1. Ashley: yeah, we'll have the pretzels and a 10" ham, pineapple and bacon...
    Waitress: okay, that's it right ?
    Ashley: (slightly embarrassed) oh no, there's more :)
    Jeff: and a 16" pepperoni pizza.

    Boo yah.

    ReplyDelete