Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chef'n Veggie Chop

So I was shopping a couple of years ago at an outlet mall and ran across this product that claimed to chop veggies extremely well with out pureeing them. I had bought a mini food processor a few months before and was not all that impressed with the results of chopping tomatoes and peppers. I picked this one up at the outlet and had it for about a year until the lid was mistakenly put in the dishwasher and ruined the pull mechanism.

This product can be found on Amazon.com and it is where I bought my second one, after I ruined the first one by no ones fault but my own.

Check it out here

What is it and how does it work?

This product is very simple in design. It is simply a clear plastic bowl with a mount in the center where three blades sit. The blades can be removed very easily for cleaning and emptying the bowl. The lid sits on the bowl and is sealed. It also connects to the center blade. Inside the lid is a spinning mechanism that spins the blade with a lanyard and loop that you pull on. It looks like you are trying to start a chainsaw but this thing works great. The best part is, you are completely in control of what you are chopping. I don't think there is a better product for making fresh salsa.

I would buy one of these just for making fresh salsa and guacamole. Below are two recipes which I use for making both. Simply combine these ingredients in bowl after chopping each one up. FYI, when chopping a cilantro or chives I usually combine these with peppers, onions or tomatoes. The other mass in the chopper allow the greens to hit the blades better.

Salsa:
4-5 roma tomatoes (remove seed and most pulp)
2 bell peppers (one green and one yellow or orange)
fresh leaves of cilantro to taste
1/2 a red or vidalia onion
1 jalepeno
2-tbsp. of Penzey's Salsa Seasoning
juice from 1/2 a fresh lime

Guacamole:
2-3 ripe avacados
1 jalepeno
fresh leaves of cilantro to taste
1/2 a red or vidalia onion
2-tbsp. of Penzey's Salsa Seasoning
juice from 1/2 a fresh lime


No comments:

Post a Comment