Friday, September 2, 2011

Schlafly! The beer and the food!

I felt compelled to blog about Schlafly for several reasons. First off because I think they might very well have the best beer in this country! Bold Statement, I know. However, I was first introduced to Schlafly beer when my brother moved to Saint Louis about ten years ago. If there were no other reason for me to love my brother, I would love him for the mere fact that he brought Schlafly Beer and their Bottleworks Restaurant in to my life! (Side-note: There are many reasons for which I love my brother!)

Schlafly's Backround- They started a microbrewery in Saint Louis 20 years ago. You read that correctly, in the heart of the beer capital of this country, they started a microbrewery! The best part is, they were successful! Their beer is served in almost every bar and restaurant in Saint Louis. It is on tap at Busch Stadium, and locals even drink it over the big name beer! I'm not going to to try and knock the "other" brewery in town, but they aren't american anymore, some european company owns them now. They are about as american as Heineken!

Schlafly's signature beer is their Pale Ale. It is hands down my favorite beer! I usually have dilemma when I go to Schlafly's Bottleworks for dinner. They always have a bunch of different beers on tap, and I always want to try them! Some of my other favorites include, Kolsch, Summer Lager, Dry Hopped APA, and Hefeweizen just to name a few! They also have a lot of seasonal on tap as well.

The next best thing to the beer, is the food! I have never had a bad meal there and have eaten there at least a dozen times. If not all of their food is organic I would say a majority of it is! They grow some of their own vegetables and get all of their foods from local farms. There are things to compliment your meal that are local favorites like Billy Goat Chips and Companion Pretzels. The pulled pork sandwich is great, as well as the Buffalo Burger! My brothers favorite is a special they have in the winter, Shepherds Pie!

If you find yourself in Saint Louis, I would make the trip to Schlafly's Bottleworks! Grab a growler on your way out!

No comments:

Post a Comment