Thursday, September 1, 2011

My palette range!

If anyone is going to be a regular reader of the crap I post on here, they should probably understand what my tastes are. What easier way for me to let you know, than make a list of what I really enjoy, and then a list of what I don't enjoy so much. (Not in any particular order, however an *asterisk denotes that I really enjoy these things over the others)

Enjoy
-mediterranean, mexican, italian, BBQ, sushi, red meat, sauteed onions, bacon*, cheesecake*, carrot cake, all that is breakfast, sandwiches, the other white meat, chicken, quiche, ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, beer*, basil, cilantro, roasted garlic, dutch apple pie*, coffee cake, peach pie/ cobbler*, yogurt, peanut butter, coffee, wings, donuts, cinnamon rolls*, christmas cookies, fish, seafood, oysters, venison, buffalo, german cooking, sauerkraut*, bratwurst*, cole slaw, cabbage, kielbasa, STEAK*, wine, diet coke, diet canada dry, diet root beer, all beans, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, potatoes, wine, feta, olives, peppers, pickles*, burgers, hot dogs, gyros*, popcorn, and many more!


Not so much
-Vegetarian meals, mushrooms, raw onions, runny eggs, fennel seed, mustard, tofu, sweet tea, peas, port wines, balsamic vinegar, fruit in my salad, coriander, liver, pate, sardines, sweet italian sausage, and a few others.

Now the food listed under enjoyable is pretty self explanatory, however I should explain to you why I don't like the foods listed under "Not so much."

I am a carnivore, I love meat. There is a reason the Lord put animals on this earth, and a good reason why they taste so darn good! Every time I have something vegetarian I am left with the desire to have some sort of meat added to it, and if not meat, definitely cheese! Mushrooms, I will eat them, I just don't desire their flavor or their consistency cooked or uncooked. Raw onions in the right setting are okay with me, I just really don't enjoy the taste of them for the 5 days after I eat them. Uncooked eggs, I really think this is just a mental block with me, because sometimes I can eat them if they are combined with the right food. Fennel seed and coriander, I simply don't like the flavor. Balsamic vinegar normally doesn't appeal to me, I'll eat if it is put in front of me, however I would never order it or use it in a dish if it is at the forefront of flavor. Liver and pate, gross! Enough said. Sardines, I can't bring myself past the look or odor. Here is the deal with sweet italian sausage. To often I feel as though the sweet italian sausage you buy in the stores is disgusting and packed full of to much spice and I don't think you can actually taste the sausage.

Hopefully this gives you an idea of what my tastes are and where I am coming from when I give you my opinion on a meal or recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Love fruit in my salad! So much better than vegetables! Don't mind a 'lil bit of balsamic vinegar over a caprese salad.

    ReplyDelete